Invest In The Future Of Film.
Make A Gift Today.
Be a part of The Film Society’s ongoing mission and invest in the future of independent film through a 100% tax-deductible donation. Your contribution plays a key role in advancing the exhibition of independent cinema work in the Twin Cities, and allows us to continue our work supporting the local community, Minnesota filmmakers, and film as an international art form.
Join our growing family of supporters and make a difference today. Click below to make your secure, 100% tax-deductible donation. Thank you!
Here’s what your gift can do:
- $10Every gift helps!
- $25Subsidizes five tickets for elementary school children attending an educational screening.
- $60Subsidizes two film submissions from local filmmakers.
- $100Enables us to donate ten Festival tickets to our cultural partners.
- $200Covers the cost of one new projector bulb.
- $350Helps us fly in a filmmaker from anywhere in the US.
- $700Helps us fly in a filmmaker from anywhere in the world.
- $1000Covers the cost of a film in the MSP International Film Festival.
- $2500An extremely generous gift that ensures the future of independent film in Minnesota.
Tom Grady visiting filmmaker fund
The Thomas Lowell Grady Fund, an endowment fund earmarked to support the travel of visiting filmmakers, has been established to honor the memory of Tom Grady, an early staff member and avid supporter of The Film Society of Minneapolis St. Paul. Tom Grady was instrumental in The Film Society’s growth and success in its early years, and his work helped The Film Society evolve from a fledgling exhibition program in the 1970s to its current nationally renowned exhibitor status.
The purpose of the Tom Grady Fund is to ensure that directors from around the world are able to visit the Twin Cities to present and discuss their work at The Film Society and the Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival. The Fund has enabled important foreign language films to screen with the filmmakers in attendance in Minnesota for many years, including visits from Jean-Luc Godard, Werner Herzog, Nikita Mikhalkov, Peter Watkins, Wim Wenders, Milos Forman, and many others.
All TG Fund donors receive invitations to special events and screenings at which such filmmaking luminaries are present, and all TG Fund donations are 100% tax-deductible.