BOX OFFICE COORDINATOR
MINNEAPOLIS ST. PAUL INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
The Film Society of Minneapolis St. Paul seeks a well organized individual to work as Box Office Coordinator for the 37th Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival, April 12-28, 2018. Box Office Coordinator facilitates the recruiting, managing, scheduling, and training of Box Office staff as well as works with the Operations Manager to establish box office operations for all festival venues.
This is a seasonal position that begins March 2018 and ends May 2018. The Box Office Coordinator is expected to have broad flexibility during the festival and must be able to work mornings, evenings and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit and communicate with new and returning Box Office Attendants.
- Schedule and Train Box Office Attendants and Box Office Leads.
- Operate the festival’s ticketing software, Agile Ticketing.
- Oversee Box Office operations for all of the festival’s venues.
- Assist with phone orders and ticketing questions.
- Operate a cash register and/or credit card equipment.
- Serve the general public by selling event related tickets, passes, concessions and memberships.
- Greet customers in a friendly manner and provide a top-tier customer experience.
- Distribute literature to patrons and answer questions about shows and events.
- Open or close the Main Box Office each day.
- Count down the cash drawers and handle money.
- Be informed about festival events, daily screenings, and schedule changes.
- Attend pre-festival training sessions.
- Complete post-festival follow-up as outlined in this position’s wrap report guide.
- Enthusiasm, dedication, and high-customer service skills.
- Possess good analytical, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Commitment to providing a top-tier experience for all festival patrons.
- Work well in a team.
- Previous experience managing staff and selling tickets.
- Ability to function in high-traffic situations while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Experience with Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Agile Ticketing and Mac software preferred.
Salary & Benefits
This is a paid contract position. Payment DOE. The Box Office Coordinator will receive a Staff Pass that provides entry to films in the festival.
Send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquiries, please.