BOX OFFICE LEAD
MINNEAPOLIS ST. PAUL INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
The Film Society of Minneapolis St. Paul seeks well organized individuals to work as Box Office Leads for the 37th Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival, April 12-28, 2018. Box Office Leads manage Box Office staff and facilitate the sale of tickets, passes, memberships and merchandise to audiences.
This is a seasonal position that begins April 12 and ends April 28, with at least one mandatory pre-festival training session. Box Office Leads are expected to have broad flexibility during the festival and must be able to work mornings, evenings and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve the general public by selling event related tickets, passes, concessions and memberships.
- Operate a cash register and credit card equipment.
- Lead the Box Office team on your shift – be the most knowledgeable resource on staff, able to answer ticketing questions and troubleshoot ticketing system issues for your team if they arise.
- Maintain stock of small bills in cash drawer, blank ticket stock, membership materials, and marketing materials.
- Send box office staff on break at appropriate times.
- Greet customers in a friendly manner and provide a top-tier customer experience.
- Distribute literature to patrons and answer questions about shows and events.
- Assist with opening or closing of the Box Office each day.
- Be informed about festival events, daily screenings, and schedule changes.
- Attend pre-festival training sessions.
- Enthusiasm for our festival
- Possess good analytical, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Work well in a team, and also be a team leader.
- Ability to function in high-traffic situations while maintaining a calm, professional manner.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift 40 lbs.
- Experience with event ticketing software strongly suggested.
- Commitment to providing a top-tier experience for all patrons.
Salary & Benefits
This is a paid hourly position. The Box Office Lead will receive a Staff Pass that provides entry to films in the festival.
Send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquiries, please.