BOX OFFICE LEAD
MINNEAPOLIS ST. PAUL INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
The Film Society of Minneapolis St. Paul seeks well-organized individuals to work as Box Office Leads for the 36th Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival, April 13-29. Box Office Leads manage Box Office staff and facilitate the sale of tickets, passes, memberships and merchandise to audiences.
This is a seasonal position that begins April 13 and ends April 29 with at least one mandatory pre-festival training session. Box Office Leads are expected to have broad flexibility during the festival and must be able to work mornings, evenings and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve the general public by selling event related tickets, passes, concessions and memberships.
- Operate a cash register and credit card equipment.
- Lead the Box Office team on your shift – be the most knowledgeable resource on staff, able to answer ticketing questions and troubleshoot ticketing system issues for your team if they arrive.
- Maintain stock of small bills in cash drawer, blank ticket stock, membership materials, and marketing materials.
- Send box office staff on break at appropriate times.
- Greet customers in a friendly manner and provide a top-tier customer experience.
- Distribute literature to patrons and answer questions about shows and events.
- Assist with opening or closing of the Box Office each day.
- Be informed about festival events, daily screenings, and schedule changes.
- Attend pre-festival training sessions.
- Enthusiasm for our festival
- Possess good analytical, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Work well in a team, and also be a team leader.
- Ability to function in high-traffic situations while maintaining a calm, professional manner.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift 40 lbs.
- Experience with event ticketing software strongly suggested.
- Commitment to providing a top-tier experience for all patrons.
Salary & Benefits
This is an hourly position paid bi-weekly. The Box Office Lead will also receive a Staff Pass that provides entry to films in the festival.
Send resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. No telephone inquiries, please.