This internship provides you with training in the professional skillset needed to work in the world of event planning and management.
As Events Intern, you will gain both insight and practical knowledge about what goes into coordinating and executing parties, panels, masterclasses, and other festival events. You’ll learn to work with executive level decision-makers and creative talents to meet deadlines, coordinate with vendors, A/V teams, national/international visiting guests and panelists, facilitate event setup and teardown, and more.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Events Manager with long-range planning of a wide variety of events scheduled to take place during the Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival.
- Maintain events calendar and create Event Order Forms.
- Coordinate with various festival departments to ensure all facets of each event are professionally executed.
- Assist with event setup, facilitation, and teardown.
- Assist with sponsorship activation at events as necessary.
- Other duties as needed.
- Enthusiasm, dedication and high-level customer service skills.
- Interest in event planning and management.
- Comfortable working flexible hours to include nights and weekends, concurrent with scheduled events.
- Ability to effectively function in a deadline-heavy environment.
- Professional communications skills.
- Organization, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines.
Hours, Salary & Benefits
This is an unpaid position position, approximately 15 hours/week, February 15 through April 29. Course credit is available. The Events Intern will receive a Staff Pass that provides entry to films in the festival.
Send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquiries, please.