GUEST SERVICES INTERN
MINNEAPOLIS ST. PAUL INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
The Festival Guest Services Intern is responsible for performing a wide variety of tasks to assist the Guest Services Department with meeting the travel, accommodation and hospitality needs of our visiting filmmakers, celebrities, media professionals and other guests of the Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival. This position reports to the Guest Services Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with travel and hotel arrangements.
- Schedule and monitor volunteer drivers.
- Coordinate schedules, duties, and training for volunteer hosts/drivers for all screenings with attending filmmakers.
- Assist in set up and management of the Filmmakers Lounge during the festival.
- Locate and greet attending filmmakers at their screenings and ensure that they are presented to the staff introducing the program. Ensure that filmmakers are comfortable during their stay.
- Receive and assist guests and volunteers in our on-site office.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented and demonstrated attention to accuracy.
- Responsive to unpredictable workflow and hours.
- Flexible, creative, able to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a sense of humor.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Competence and resourcefulness in researching detailed information online.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office and similar productivity software.
- February 20 – April 30. At least 2 days per week/minimum 10 hours.
- Candidate must be available for duration of MSPIFF: April 13 – 29. 40 hrs/week during festival.
- Great introduction and experience in guest relations
- Positive reference upon completion of successful internship
- MSPIFF Staff Pass
Send resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. No telephone inquiries, please.