INFORMATION OFFICE ATTENDANT
MINNEAPOLIS ST. PAUL INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
The Film Society of Minneapolis St. Paul seeks well organized individuals to work as Box Office Attendants for the 36th Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival, April 13-29.Information Office Attendants facilitate the sale of tickets, passes, memberships and merchandise to audiences, and act as a resource for answering attendee questions.
This is a seasonal position that begins April 10 and ends April 30 with at least one mandatory training session. Some shifts will also be available March 30-April 9, before the opening of the festival. Information Office Attendants are expected to have broad flexibility during the festival and must be able to work mornings, evenings and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve the general public by fulfilling and maintaining ticketing and Will Call orders, selling memberships, providing information to patrons, and assisting in Festival Information Office operations.
- Operate a cash register, credit card equipment, and Agile Ticketing, the festival’s ticketing software.
- Greet customers in a friendly manner, and provide a top-tier customer experience.
- Distribute literature to patrons and answer questions about shows and events.
- Assist with opening or closing of the Information Office at the beginning or end end of each day.
- Facilitate phone orders and answer phone inquiries.
- Be informed on festival events, daily screenings, and schedule changes.
- Enthusiasm for our festival
- Possess good analytical, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Work well in a team.
- Ability to function in high-traffic situations while maintaining a calm, professional manner.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift 40 lbs.
- Experience with event ticketing software suggested.
- Commitment to providing a top-tier experience for all patrons.
Salary & Benefits
This is an hourly position paid bi-weekly. The Box Office Attendant will also receive a Staff Pass that provides entry to films in the festival.
Send resume and cover letter via email email@example.com. No telephone inquiries, please.