INFORMATION OFFICE MANAGER
MINNEAPOLIS ST. PAUL INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
The Film Society of Minneapolis St. Paul seeks two organized individuals to manage operations of the Festival Information Office for the 36th Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival, April 13-29.
This is a seasonal position that begins February 27 and ends the week of May 5. The position will work part-time leading up to the Festival, and full-time during the festival. Information Office Managers are expected to have broad flexibility during the festival and must be able to work mornings, evenings and weekends. This position reports to the Managing Director and a member of the Development team.
Duties of the Information Office include Will Call services, Press and Industry Accreditation, Pass and Membership sales, Merchandise sales, Pass troubleshooting, phone sales and general patron services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operations and Logistics:
- Hire, train, schedule and supervise Information Office Attendants.
- Facilitate Information Office setup, operations and teardown.
- Operate a cash register and credit card equipment.
- Open and/or close the Information Office daily during the festival.
- Be informed on festival events, screenings and schedule changes.
- Fulfill Will Call orders and support Main Box Office operations as needed.
- Fulfill Pass orders for Members, purchasers, Press and Industry guests, and more.
- Facilitate phone orders and answer phone inquiries.
- Be the most knowledgeable person available to your team to troubleshoot ticketing, pass and other issues that may arise.
- Fulfill Pass ticket orders.
Press and Industry Accreditation
- Track and process Press and Industry accreditation requests.
- Interface with Press and Industry representatives, providing top-tier customer service.
- Support the Guest Services Department in preparing welcome packets for guests.
- Be informed on all Membership Benefits and Membership structure.
- Sell new and renewal Memberships, accept donations.
- Support the Development Department in processing Memberships and donations.
- Film festival or other event operations experience, preferably in a customer-facing position.
- Experience scheduling, training and supervising staff.
- Experience with box office or ticketing systems, Agile Ticketing preferred, and ability to train other staff on the use of the system and to troubleshoot issues that arise.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to maintain a calm and professional demeanor in very fast-paced work environment.
- Solid analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time and lift 40 lbs.
Salary & Benefits
Salary & Benefits
This is an hourly position paid bi-weekly. The Box Office Attendant will also receive a Staff Pass that provides entry to films in the festival.
Send resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. No telephone inquiries, please.