MINNEAPOLIS ST. PAUL INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
The Film Society of Minneapolis St. Paul seeks a group of individuals to work as Projectionists for the 37th Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival, April 12-28, 2018.
This is a seasonal position that begins April 12 and ends April 28, with at least one mandatory training sessions prior to April 12, 2018. Projectionists are expected to have flexible availability and be available for morning, evening and weekend engagements during the festival.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide a top-quality experience for festival goers by ensuring the highest standards of image, sound and picture quality.
- Queue and start films as assigned at festival venues.
- Be ready to troubleshoot exhibition issues should they arise.
- Assist Lead Projectionists with Gala and Special Presentation screenings as needed.
- Keep projection booths clean and organized.
- Maintain clear communication channels between Booth and Operations staff.
- Assist with booth equipment setup and close out at all Festival venues.
- Understanding and competency with DCP exhibition technology.
- Understanding and competency with alternative exhibition formats including HD Cam, Bluray and DVD.
- Understanding and competency with audio technologies.
- Experience with cinema projection, preferably in a festival setting.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Salary & Benefits
This is a hourly position, paid bi-weekly across the term of employment. The Projectionist will receive a Staff Pass that provides entry to films in the festival.
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquiries, please.