MINNEAPOLIS ST. PAUL INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
The Film Society of Minneapolis St. Paul seeks a well organized individual to work as Technical Director for the 36th Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival, April 13-29. The Technical Director oversees logistics, staffing, projection, and other aspects that ensure high quality exhibition of all film content.
This is a seasonal position that starts the week of February 27 and ends April 30. The Technical Director is expected to have broad flexibility leading up to and during the festival and must be able to work mornings, evenings and weekends during the event.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage expenses and adhere to budget.
- Responsible for all Projection Booth operations.
- Hire, train, schedule and manage all Technical staff for the festival including Digital Media Manager, Lead Projectionists, Projectionists and Audio/Video Engineer.
- Lead the inspection of all digital media content and be able to troubleshoot issues that arise.
- Oversee all technical aspects of festival operations at all festival venues.
- Maintain top-tier exhibition standards and ensure all exhibition content is tested in advance.
- Facilitate technical equipment rental, setup and close out at all Festival venues.
- Work with programming team to schedule and facilitate Tech Checks for visiting filmmakers.
- Work with projectionists and/or programming team to create festival DCP content.
- Develop and maintain clear communication channels between Booth and Operations staff.
- Complete post-festival follow-up as outlined in this position’s wrap report guide.
- Experience in theatre, festival, or event management required.
- High-level competency with DCP, digital exhibition, and alternative exhibition technology required. This includes DCP, HD Cam, Bluray, and DVD.
- Previous experience as film projectionist or member of a film festival technical staff.
- Previous experience coordinating staff, preferably in a film festival or cinema setting.
- High-level organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to work under multiple deadlines.
- Professional communication skills are required.
- Ability to work with a diverse set of enthusiastic individuals.
Salary & Benefits
This is a contract position paid bi-weekly. Payment DOE. If the contract is not completed, pay will be prorated. The Technical Director will receive a Staff Pass that provides entry to films in the festival. Lodging provided by festival for out of town applicants
Send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquiries, please.