MINNEAPOLIS ST. PAUL INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
The Film Society of Minneapolis St. Paul seeks well organized individuals to work as Venue Managers for the 36th Annual Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival, April 13-29. Venue Managers work with the Operations and Technical Managers to ensure the proper operations at festival venues.
This is a seasonal position that begins the week of April 10, and ends April 29. Venue Managers are expected to have broad flexibility during the festival and must be able to commit to mornings, evenings and weekend hours.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the successful operation of all front-of-house activities at your assigned venue including audience seating and line management, film introductions and show starts, film endings and Q&As, and preparations for the next set of shows.
- Manage volunteer staff who are assigned to your venue.
- Liaise with projection staff to ensure top tier film exhibition.
- Introduce films and conduct Q&As with filmmakers when required.
- Facilitate equipment and venue setup and teardown as assigned.
- Maintain clear communication and decision-making channels for your assigned venue.
- Venue managers for satellite venues will be required to fulfill Will Call orders for their location.
- Previous experience in film festival, theatre, or cinema operations, or other relevant event management experience.
- Professional communication skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Can lead a group of individuals and work well in a team.
- Ability to function in high-pressure situations while maintaining a calm, professional manner.
Salary & Benefits
This is a contract position, paid bi-weekly over the term of employment. If the contract is not completed, pay will be prorated. The Venue Manager will receive a Staff Pass that provides entry to films in the festival.
Send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquiries, please.