MINNEAPOLIS ST. PAUL INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
The Film Society of Minneapolis St. Paul seeks well organized individual to work as Volunteer Manager for the 37th Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival, April 12-28, 2018. The Volunteer Manager facilitates the recruiting, managing, scheduling, and training of Volunteer staff. The Volunteer Manager reports to the Executive Director and Festival Manager.
This is a seasonal position that begins January 2018 and ends May 2018. The Volunteer Manager is expected to have broad flexibility during the festival and must be able to work mornings, evenings and weekends.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruit and communicate with new and veteran volunteers.
- Work with key staff members to determine volunteer staffing requirements and tasks.
- Use the Film Society’s volunteer management software, Volgistics, to create and maintain volunteer schedule, assign volunteer tasks, and track volunteer hours.
- Ensure fulfillment of Volunteer benefits including complimentary tickets and membership.
- Maintain effective communications with volunteer staff via email, phone, and social media.
- Supervise volunteer shifts during the festival.
- Work with the Events Coordinator to plan and execute the party for Volunteers and Staff.
- Complete post-festival follow-up as outlined in this position’s wrap report guide.
- Enthusiasm for our festival
- Previous experience coordinating volunteers, preferably in a film festival setting.
- Ability to function in high-traffic situations while maintaining a calm, professional manner.
- Enthusiasm, dedication, and high-customer service skills.
- Possess good analytical, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Commitment to providing a top-tier experience for all festival patrons.
- Work well in a team.
- Experience with Google Apps, Microsoft Office, Volgistics and Mac software preferred.
Salary & Benefits
This is a contract position paid bi-weekly. Payment DOE. If the contract is not completed, pay will be prorated. The Volunteer Manager will receive a Staff Pass that provides entry to films in the festival.
Send resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. No telephone inquiries, please.