PUBLICITY AND OUTREACH COORDINATOR
The Film Society of Minneapolis St. Paul seeks a motivated, self-starting and well-organized individual with excellent communication skills to work as Publicity & Outreach Coordinator. This position facilitates all publicity, outreach, advocacy and community collaborations for the Film Society’s year-round programming, focusing especially on numerous festivals and special events, notably the annual Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival (MSPIFF).
YEAR-ROUND STAFF – FILM SOCIETY OF MINNEAPOLIS ST. PAUL
PUBLICITY & OUTREACH COORDINATOR
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Crafting and implementing all media/publicity campaigns in collaboration with ED and programmers, for year-round programs and several major film festivals including Cine Latino, Lumières Françaises, Iranian Film Festival and others, especially MSPIFF every spring.
- Writing Now Showing & Coming Soon and New Release press releases each week. This constitutes working with Film Society programmers to determine content, sending press releases to the media and providing media with press kits and screeners and responding to questions.
- Write larger and more detailed press releases for all festivals, especially MSPIFF
- Writing copy for numerous films and events.
- Writing KBEM radio spots once a month, organizing the ads using AirTable spreadsheet, and coordinating with KBEM about spots.
- Appearing on KBEM every other week and satisfying other media engagements to discuss Film Society programming.
- Writing Capri Theater releases once a month.
- Organizing Media Contacts spreadsheet on AirTable.
- Working to get visiting filmmakers and Film Society staff on newspaper, radio and television interviews to promote screenings.
- Creating promotional materials, such as posters, flyers and other material to place in St. Anthony Main theater and around town, working with staff and our designer to do so.
- Designing and implementing social media campaigns for all of the above, working with our multi-media coordinator and other staff.
- Crafting and implementing outreach efforts for all programming and festivals.
- Informing organizations of films and events that would be of interest to their constituency through targeted community outreach efforts.
- Managing and maintaining Cine Squad, the Film Society’s year-round volunteer team, including maintaining AirTable spreadsheet of hours, hold meetings, coordinate with group to distribute materials, be present at off-site events representing Film Society, and general outreach, among other duties, including office work.
- Creating film and target audience lists for use by teams throughout the organization.
- Coordinating the distribution of flyers and other materials to locations around the Twin Cities.
- Ensuring that promotional materials are readily available to distribute.
- Working with other Film Society team members to maximize outreach during all film festivals, including MSPIFF.
- Designing and implementing social media campaigns to support all outreach.
- Experience working in non-profits, ideally within the marketing, publicity or outreach departments.
- Extensive knowledge of international independent film a plus.
- Enthusiasm, dedication, and high customer service skills.
- Creative writing skills.
- Professional communication skills are absolutely required.
- High organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Experience with Google Apps, Microsoft Office, AirTable and Mac software preferred.
- Knowledge of the Twin Cities community.
- Valid Driver’s License, vehicle, and car insurance.
- Salary based on experience. Part to Full Time TBD.
- 2 weeks of paid vacation/year, accrued from day 1 (usable incrementally in year 1)
- Eligibility to participate in Healthcare Plan
- Eligibility to participate in Simple Retirement Plan
Salary and Hours
Send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone inquiries, please.