VOLUNTEER MANAGEMENT INTERN
This internship provides you with training in the professional skillset needed to work in the world of event operations and volunteer management. The Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival annually employs the services of more than 400 volunteers, all of whom are coordinated by our dedicated Volunteer Management team.
As Volunteer Management Intern, you will gain both insight and practical knowledge about what goes into recruiting, coordinating, and managing the volunteer force for a major event. You’ll work with the Volunteer Manager and Festival Operations Manager, and others, to source, train, schedule and manage the volunteer teams, and to ensure the overall success of the film festival.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Volunteer Manager with recruitment, training, communications, scheduling and management of MSPIFF Volunteers.
- Assist with Volunteer Benefits fulfillment, such as issuing tickets and passes.
- Engage with social media subscribership.
- Coordinate with various festival departments to ensure all volunteer needs are met.
- Assist with on-site volunteer check-in and check-out as needed during the festival.
- Assist with on-site volunteer training pre-festival and during the festival.
- Other duties as needed.
- Enthusiasm, dedication and high-level customer service skills.
- Interest in volunteer management and/or event operations management.
- Comfortable working odd hours.
- Ability to effectively communicate with a diverse array of enthusiastic individuals.
- Ability to effectively function in a deadline-heavy environment.
- Ability to think on your feet, maintain flexibility, and to react to last minute changes as needed — all while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Professional communications skills.
- Organization, attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines.
Hours, Salary & Benefits
This is an unpaid position position, 15 hours/week, February 1 through April 29. Additional time may be needed during the dates of the film festival. Course credit is available. The Volunteer Management Intern will receive a Staff Pass that provides entry to films in the festival.
Send resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com. No telephone inquiries, please.