37th Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival - April 12-28, 2018MSPIFF Youth Juries
Jury Applications are not being accepted at this time.
Childish Films – MSPIFF Youth Jury (ages 11-14)
Five youth will be chosen to select recipients for Youth Jury awards in the Childish Films category (international cinema for young audiences). The MSPIFF Youth Jury for Childish Films is reserved for students between the ages 11 – 14. Benefits include a free festival pass for the juror and a parent or guardian to see all six Childish Films international features for young audiences during the Festival, access to all age-eligible festival events and festival guest hospitality (snacks!). Youth Jury members will be selected to represent a range of perspectives, based on applicants’ passion for film and storytelling media, authentic voice, and commitment. No experience necessary!
Youth Films – MSPIFF Youth Jury (ages 15-18)
Five youth will be chosen to select recipients for two awards in the Youth Film category (films produced by Youth): the Youth Award Certificate for Excellence in Youth Films will be presented to a film chosen in recognition of its artistic and technical achievement. The Youth Jury Favorite Film Award will be presented to a MSPIFF Youth Filmmaker. The MSPIFF Youth Jury for Youth Films is reserved for students between the ages 15-18. Benefits include a free festival pass for the juror and a companion, access to all age-eligible festival events and festival guest hospitality (snacks!). Youth Jury members will be selected to represent a range of perspectives, based on applicants’ passion for film and storytelling media, authentic voice, and commitment. Media experience a plus, but not required.
- Jurors must attend a Jury Training Meeting, a pre-festival information session on the process with training on ‘how to be a juror’ led by festival programmers. Date and time to be scheduled with jurors upon selection.
- The selected features are regarded as age-appropriate, although some may be technically ‘unrated’ by the MPAA. Titles and descriptions will be shared with jurors at this meeting. All of the Childish Films have previously played at Children’s Film Festivals.
- Jurors under age 18 must provide signed parental permission forms to participate and all must complete photo release forms (images of the jury may be published by the MSPIFF).
- Jurors must view and respond critically to all films pertaining to their assigned program, and participate in an agreed upon process for the Awards.
- Jurors are responsible for following the festival schedule and getting to their assigned films on time.
- If your weekends of April 15-16; April 22-23; and April 29-30 are reasonably open, please apply!
- Childish Films includes 6 features and 1 shorts program; each to be played at least two times during the festival, screened on Saturdays and Sundays in the late mornings and afternoons.
- Youth Films will comprise of 1 shorts program, screening during the day on Sunday, April 23rd.
- Jurors are expected to attend a Final Jury Award Meeting.
Questions or accommodations requests (either for the application or anticipating attendance of festival screenings and events), please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.