10th Annual Cine LatinoFAQ: How to Fest
To help navigate Cine Latino, we’ve compiled this overview to answer questions you may have about how you can watch all 20+ films! Click a topic below to see the answer.
Staff will be available daily from noon until 6pm to answer your questions. Get in touch at email@example.com.
There are many ways to watch our films. Answer a few short questions to receive custom instructions tailored for you on How To Watch Cine Latino. Click here to start!
Thank you for supporting the MSP Film Society. We do it for you and we can’t do it without you.
How much does Cine Latino cost?
$5/single ticket for MSP Film Members, $10/single ticket for General. We also have All Access passes for sale, $60 for Members and $100 for General.
How do I purchase a virtual ticket?
- Go to mspfilm.org and sign in to your account. If you’re a new user, you’ll need to create an account.
- Browse through our selection of films and select View More to get to the film’s page.
- There you will see the Reserve Now button.
- If you are a member or a pass holder, be sure to be signed in with your pass/member information to access the Member Rate or the Pass Redemption.
- After you’ve reserved your tickets, go to your cart and check out.
- You know you’ve completed your purchase if you’ve received an email of confirmation.
How do I reserve a ticket using my pass?
- Visit mspfilm.org. Click the Sign In Button in the upper right hand corner of mspfilm.org. Click on the "Are you a member?" Button and enter your PASS NUMBER when prompted.
- Enter your password or the required info and click Login. NEW USERS: If you have not used our online system before you will need to enter the required info when you first log on to create an account. Once logged in, you will be taken to your account overview.
- To reserve tickets to a film/event, search that film on the Cine Latino Films & Events page and click VIEW MORE on the film you want to watch, then click the RESERVE NOW button on the film’s page.
- Check your cart to review your order and click continue shopping to add other selections.
- Once all film selections are made, proceed to Checkout and then click the COMPLETE ORDER button on the payment screen to finalize your reservations. If your cart includes selections outside of your pass benefits, you will be directed to pay the indicated amount for tickets.
- Once the order is complete, an order confirmation will be displayed. Please keep this for your records.
- Select the "Watch Now" button and you should be redirected to the film. There you will see a Voucher Code that you can use to view the film on our Roku Channel or AppleTV App. If you don't have either of these, you can easily cast the film onto your smart TV.
- Reserving tickets to films are FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. There is a limited amount of views for each film. This means that Cine Latino All Access Passes will not guarantee watching a film until a ticket is reserved.
- If there are any issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our staff is working remotely and will not be able to answer phone calls made to the office.
Are you trying to purchase more than one ticket for the same film?
Only one ticket is needed per household to view our films. If you would like to support us further, making a donation is the best way to do so. With only a limited number of views to sell we want to be sure that the others have a chance to purchase access as well.
If you are trying to purchase more than one ticket for the same film for a friend in another household, you’ll have to do this in two separate transactions to generate a separate, unique Watch Movie link. If not, this will create problems when trying to view at the same time.
I just reserved a ticket for a film, but I don't see how to access it?
First, check your email, and make sure your purchase went through. The email you were sent should have a link for you to watch the film. Or you can find your purchase by signing in to mspfilm.org and going to your account and looking at “Your Orders”. If you are still having issues, email us at email@example.com.
How do I watch Cine Latino films on my TV?
Once you reserve your ticket, you will have access to watch on your computer, phone, or tablet, or cast with one of these several options.
Watch Cine Latino At Home / En Casa on your Apple TV (4th Generation or newer)! Just search for MSP Film in the Apple TV App Store and install. After you’ve purchased your virtual ticket on the festival website, click WATCH MOVIE and the Apple TV Code will display below the video player. Enter this Code into the MSP Film Apple TV App to watch.
Watch Cine Latino At Home / En Casa on your Roku! Just search for the MSP Film Channel in your Roku and install. After you’ve purchased your virtual ticket on the festival website, click WATCH MOVIE and the Roku Code will display below the video player. Enter this Code into the MSP Film Roku Channel to watch.
You can cast a video from your computer or smart device (phone, iPad) using the following steps! Open the movie on your device (computer or phone). At the bottom right of the screen you should see the casting icon. It looks like this:
If you don’t see that icon and you’re casting from a computer in the Chrome browser, you can open the menu in the upper right corner of the window (or the View menu) and select “Cast”. Once you select that button, it should give you the option to select a nearby device, then select your Chromecast. If you don’t see your Chromecast, make sure both devices are on the same wireless network. You can find more details on the Chromecast website: google.com/us/product/chromecast
For this option you will require an HDMI cable. If you don’t have one you can purchase one HERE.
Plug the HDMI cable into your TV and your laptop. Then set your computer to mirror your TV screen. Make sure your TV is set to HDMI input. Then you should be all set!
Still having trouble? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org!
What films are available to watch through Cine Latino?
For the full list of films and events go to the Cine Latino Films & Events page.
Where do I find my Audience Choice ballot?
For both virtual and in-person films a link to the ballot can be found on the film page after you hit PLAY ON THIS DEVICE or in your CALENDAR that can be found on the top right corner of your screen. For in-person screenings, there will be paper ballots at the entrance of the theater screening room. Please place the ballot in the box before leaving the theater. Your opinion matters!
How do I use a Cine Latino promo code?
- Log in to mspfilm.org! Or create an account.
- Check out our Cine Latino Films & Events page.
- Select a film and click RESERVE NOW. A window will open asking, “DO YOU KNOW A PROMO CODE?”
- Input your unique promo code.
- Continue to select the ticket amount (discounted or complimentary depending on the promo code).
- Continue to shop around for more films or complete your purchase by checking out!
- Don’t forget to rate the film! Links to ballots can be found in the confirmation email of your purchase.
What are the system requirements?
You can watch content on PCs running Windows 7+, and Intel-based Macs running OSX 10.12+. Supported browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Opera. We recommend using the latest version of your browser. You can also watch films on Android tablets and phones using Chrome (6.0+), and on iPhones and iPads using Safari (iOS 11.2+). Please note if using iPhones or iPads that you must have “Screen Mirroring” turned off for content to play.
What happens if I forget my password?
Use the password reset option on the login page to reset your password. You will need access to the e-mail address you use to log in.
Why does video playback stall or not play smoothly?
We use adaptive bitrate streaming which means the streaming quality will automatically adjust based on your internet speed. If your internet connection is poor or inconsistent you may experience problems during playback. If you’re on wifi, try moving closer to your router.
What are the restrictions for accessing Cine Latino at Home?
You will need a valid email address in order to access CINE LATINO virtual films (please check for typos in your email address when placing a virtual ticket or membership order).
Due to distributor/filmmaker restrictions, access to the CINE LATINO virtual program and platform is geo-restricted to users within the state of Minnesota. Even if a customer has a Minnesota billing or mailing address when purchasing a virtual membership or ticket, if the user is not accessing the CINE LATINO virtual platform from an IP address located within the state of Minnesota, they will not be able to watch films. Virtual tickets and all-access memberships orders purchased for use outside the State of Minnesota will be cancelled and refunded.
All films are on a first-come, first-served basis. Every film is limited to a maximum number of virtual tickets due to distributor/filmmaker restrictions. Once the maximum number of virtual tickets is reached, a film may become unavailable for watching.
Single tickets expire after a short period of time, depending on the film, after redeeming a ticket. A ticket is considered redeemed when the "Watch Online" link from your order receipt is clicked or the voucher code is entered on the CINE LATINO login page. Most* virtual screenings must be viewed in full by 11:59 PM on October 17, 2021. CINE LATINO virtual platform will no longer be accessible after 11:59 PM on October 17, 2021.
*Son of Monarchs and El planeta virtual screenings must be viewed in full by 11:59 PM on October 14, 2021.
Can I download Cine Latino at Home?
No. The CINE LATINO virtual platform uses multi-DRM technology to prevent piracy, and every virtual screening is watermarked with a user’s unique purchase code, visible at the bottom of the screen. Users caught committing acts of piracy will be turned over to law enforcement.
Can I share my Cine Latino digital access with another person?
No. Sharing CINE LATINO tickets or membership accounts are considered acts of piracy, which will be monitored, and any violations will result in the automatic suspension of access to CINE LATINO without refund.
My virtual ticket/link expired before I could finish watching the film. Can I get a refund of another link sent?
Virtual tickets must be viewed within 48 hours of redemption. A virtual ticket is considered redeemed once the movie begins to play. There are no refunds or exchanges on CINE LATINO tickets.
Can my virtual ticket be exchanged/refunded?
No. There will be no refunds issued or exchanges given on CINE LATINO tickets.
What are other ways to help the MSP Film Society during this pandemic?
The MSP Film Society has always been supported by a wonderful community of film fans. At this unprecedented time, you can help simply by making a much-appreciated donation — or by becoming a member, renewing your membership, or moving your membership to a higher level. Better yet, you can show your support by watching one of or all the films we offer online!
However, if you’re able to give, we’re most grateful. Thank you!