39th Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival - May 15-23, 2020MSPIFF39 REDEFINED FAQ
THE 39TH MINNEAPOLIS ST. PAUL INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (MSPIFF) IS BEING RELAUNCHED AS MSPIFF39 REDEFINED: A VIRTUAL FILM FESTIVAL!
The ability to purchase and watch online will become available on May 15.
To help navigate MSPIFF39 Redefined, we’ve compiled this overview to answer questions you may have about how you can watch all 50+ films and participate in our MSPIFF39 Redefined: A Virtual Film Festival! Click a topic below to see the answer.
Thank you for supporting the MSP Film Society. We do it for you and we can’t do it without you.
What Films are available to watch in MSPIFF39 Redefined?
How do I get the MSPIFF39 App on my Apple TV device?
Watch MSPIFF39 Redefined on your Apple TV (4th generation HD or 5th generation 4K)! Just search for MSPIFF in the Apple TV App Store and install.
How do I access and use a voucher code for the MSPIFF39 app for Apple TV device?
After you’ve purchased your virtual ticket on the festival website, click WATCH MOVIE and the Apple TV Code will display below the video player. Enter this Code into the MSPIFF Apple TV App to watch.
How do I get the MSPIFF39 Channel on my Roku device??
Watch MSPIFF39 Redefined on your Roku! Just search for the MSPIFF Channel in your Roku and install.
How do I access and use a voucher code for the MSPIFF39 app for Roku device?
After you’ve purchased your virtual ticket on the festival website, click WATCH MOVIE and the Roku Code will display below the video player. Enter this Code into the MSPIFF Roku Channel to watch.
How do I purchase a virtual ticket?
- Go to mspfilm.org and sign in to your account. If you’re a new user, you’ll need to create an account.
- Browse through our selection of films and select View More to get to the film’s page.
- There you will see the Purchase Ticket button.
- If you are a member or a pass holder, be sure to be signed in with your pass/member information to access the Member Rate or the Pass Redemption.
- After you’ve reserved your tickets, go to your cart and check out.
- You know you’ve completed your purchase if you’ve received an email of confirmation.
Are you trying to purchase more than one ticket for the same film?
Only one ticket is needed per household to view our films. If you would like to support us further, making a donation is the best way to do so. With only a limited number of views to sell we want to be sure that the others have a chance to purchase access as well.
If you are trying to purchase more than one ticket for the same film for a friend in another household, you’ll have to do this in two separate transactions to generate a separate, unique Watch Movie link. If not, this will create problems when trying to view at the same time.
How much does MSPIFF39 Redefined cost?
$5/single ticket for MSP Film Members, $10/single ticket for General.
Where do I find my Audience Choice ballot?
A link to the ballot is included in the confirmation email you received when you purchased your ticket.
How do I use a MSPIFF39 Redefined promo code?
- Log in to mspfilm.org! Or create an account.
- Check out our MSPIFF Film and Events Lineup
- Select a film and click PURCHASE TICKET. A window will open asking, “DO YOU KNOW A PROMO CODE?”
- Input your unique promo code.
- Continue to select the ticket amount (discounted or complimentary depending on the promo code).
- Continue to shop around for more films or complete your purchase by checking out!
- Don’t forget to rate the film! Links to ballots can be found in the confirmation email of your purchase.
I have a 2020 MSPIFF Pass. Can I use it for the MSPIFF39 Redefined?
Yes! MSPIFF Passholders will have complete access to MSPIFF39 and will be honored for the MSPIFF2021. Passholders should have received an email with instructions on how to redeem full access to all the films of MSPIFF39 Redefined. If not, email us at email@example.com.
I have a 2020 MSPIFF 6-Pack. Can I use it for MSPIFF39 Redefined?
Better yet, anyone who has a 6-Pack will have complete access to MSPIFF39 Redefined. You will receive an email with instructions on how to redeem access to all the films of MSPIFF39 Redefined. If not, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I’m a member of the MSP Film Society, will I have access to a discounted ticket rate?
Yes! As a member of the Film Society, you can get discounts on tickets to MSPIFF39 Redefined. Just make sure you’re logged in as a member at mspfilm.org. Tickets are $5 for MSP Film Members and $10 for the General Public. Unfortunately, we can’t offer discounted prices to some of our other Newly Released Virtual Cinema being hosted by their distributors.
How do I reserve a ticket using my pass?
- Visit mspfilm.org. Click the Sign In Button in the upper right hand corner of mspfilm.org. Click on the "Are you a member?" Button and enter your PASS NUMBER when prompted.
- Enter your password or the required info and click Login. NEW USERS: If you have not used our online system before you will need to enter the required info when you first log on to create an account. Once logged in, you will be taken to your account overview.
- To reserve tickets to a film/event, search that film on mspfilm.org and click WATCH NOW you wish to attend on the film’s or event's page.
- Check your cart to review your order and continue shopping to add other selections.
- Once all film selections are made, proceed to Checkout and then click the COMPLETE ORDER button on the payment screen to finalize your reservations. If your cart includes selections outside of your pass benefits, you will be directed to pay the indicated amount for tickets.
- Once the order is complete, an order confirmation will be displayed. Please keep this for your records.
- Reserving tickets to films are FIRST COME FIRST SERVE. There is a limited amount of views for each film. This means that MSPIFF39 Redefined All Access Passes will not guarantee watching a film until a ticket is reserved.
- If there are any issues, please contact us at email@example.com. Our staff is working remotely and will not be able to answer phone calls made to the office.
I just reserved a ticket for a film, but I don't see how to access it?
First, check your email, and make sure your purchase went through. The email you were sent should have a link for you to watch the film. Or you can find your purchase by signing in to mspfilm.org and going to your account and looking at “Your Orders”. If you are still having issues, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I watch on my tv with an HDMI cord?
Get an HDMI cable, if you don’t have one you can purchase one here.
Plug the HDMI cable into your TV and your laptop. Then set your computer to mirror your TV screen. Make sure your TV is set to HDMI input. Then you should be all set!
Still having trouble? Let us know at email@example.com!
What are the system requirements?
You can watch content on PCs running Windows 7+, and Intel-based Macs running OSX 10.12+. You can also watch films on Android tablets and phones using Chrome, and on iPhones and iPads using Safari.
What are the requirements for Windows computers?
Windows 7, Windows 8.1 or Windows 10
Supported browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Opera. We recommend using the latest version of your browser. Internet Explorer is not supported.
What are the requirements for Mac computers?
Mac OSX 10.12 or later
Supported browsers: Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari, or Opera. We recommend using the latest version of your browser.
Can I watch content on my iPhone/iPad?
Yes, you can watch content using Safari on iOS 11.2 or later. Please note that you must have “Screen Mirroring” turned off for content to play.
Can I watch content on my Android Device?
Yes, you can watch content using Chrome on Android 6.0 or later.
Can I Chromecast content?
You can Chromecast from a Chrome web browser on PC and Mac computers as well as Android devices by selecting the cast button () in the bottom right-hand side of the player.
Can I AirPlay to my AppleTV?
You can AirPlay from most browsers if you have Apple TV by selecting the cast button () in the bottom right-hand side of the player.
What happens if I forget my password?
Use the password reset option on the login page to reset your password. You will need access to the e-mail address you use to log in.
Why does video playback stall or not play smoothly?
We use adaptive bitrate streaming which means the streaming quality will automatically adjust based on your internet speed. If your internet connection is poor or inconsistent you may experience problems during playback. If you’re on wifi, try moving closer to your router.
What are other ways to help the MSP Film Society during the stay at homeorder?
The MSP Film Society has always been supported by a wonderful community of film fans. At this unprecedented time, you can help simply by making a much-appreciated donation — or by becoming a member, renewing your membership, or moving your membership to a higher level. Better yet, you can show your support by watching one of or all the films we offer online!
However you’re able to give, we’re most grateful. Thank you!